Sketchbook Tour #1
Nota: Si hablas español puedes disfrutar de la nota aquí.
Hi there guys. How are you?
I just posted my first video about my old sketchbooks (well, the ones I have here in Bogota). So I wrote this post about the good and bad things related to the last sketchbook I used, just in case you want one. I also added a list of the art supplies I tried in this sketchbook. :)
*In this video I speak spanish*
Sketchbook: Canson Sketch Esquisse I Croques
- It's cheap (8$ on amazon)
- The size is really good and portable. (5.5 in x8.5 in)
- The spine is comfortable and lets you work in small spaces.
- The paper works nicely with markers but it bleeds through the other side anyway.
- The paper works really good with dry art supplies.
- It has 100 sheets
- It has no pockets (but you can make one by yourself)
- The front cover is not made of strong cardboard like the back cover.
- It doesn't support wet materials (inks, watercolors, etc.)
- The paper soaks a lot of ink from the markers.
The sketchbook is nice, the size and price are really good for someone that uses dry supplies and with a low budget. Also, If you are not traveling I think there is no need to spent in a hard cover sketchbook. I think of sketchbooks like a space to go a little crazy and experiment a lot, so for me it is important that they be tough but cheap.
But let's say you travel a lot and need to keep the sketches in good condition, then I suggest you get a Moleskine or Lechturm. They are very tough and good quality notebooks. The price ranges from $10 to $30.
If you need a sketchbook with a strong paper and low price I suggest you the Canson with Mix Media paper. There are several types of Canson sketchbooks but that is the one I am using now and it allows me to play with a lot of supplies. Now, if you want something tougher but not so expensive I recommend a Lechturm or the Midori.
Art supplies I used in my Canson Sketch Esquisse I Croques
- Kuretake Pen
- Pentel Brush Pen
- Pigma Micron 01, 02, 03.
- Ecoline Liquid Watercolors
- Copic markers
- Promarkers Winsor & Newton
- Kurecolors markers
- Watercolors Winsor & Newton
- Faber-Castell manga basic set
- Inks Winsor & Newton
- Mongol Pencil #2 (really)
That's all for now. I know it was a short post, but I'm trying of making small posts to publish more frequently.
Also remember to share it and follow me on social networks, I’m @esvaleriadiaz everywhere.